10 brilliant real estate quotes to read, apply, and share
As the busy season approaches fast, it can be easy to get swept away in the day to day responsibilities of working in real estate. You may find yourself short on time, swamped with tasks, and lacking inspiration. Here are 10 more brilliant real estate quotes to get your creative juices flowing, give you a spark, and remind you why you love real estate. Feel free to share these images on your social networks by hovering over each image and clicking the Facebook or Twitter icons.
- “It’s tangible, it’s solid, it’s beautiful. It’s artistic, from my standpoint, and I just love real estate.” – Donald Trump
Ever have a difficult day and think to yourself, “Why did I get into this business?” Just think of this quote from Donald Trump. The most successful real estate professionals have a real passion for helping people with the biggest investment of their lives, and an appreciation for the beauty of real estate.
- “If you don’t care care of your customer, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
There’s no shortage of real estate agents in the country, so knowing a client chose you over your competition should be a great feeling. However, that also means they have a lot of people to choose from if you’re failing to get the job done. Going above and beyond your normal duties will result in happy clients, and that’s the key to a long and prosperous career in real estate.
- “”It is a comfortable feeling to know that you stand on your own ground. Land is about the only thing that can’t fly away.” – Anthony Trollope
This is a great one to share with your clients and potential clients, particularly anyone who’s transitioning from a rental property to owning their own place. Owning property and knowing you have the ability to make it your home is a reassuring feeling.
- “There are no traffic jams along the extra mile” – Roger Staubach
The majority of real estate agents aren’t successful for a variety of reasons, whether it’s poor customer service, lack of organization, or unrealistic expectations. There’s a reason why 20% of agents handle 80% of closings across the country. If you go the extra mile for your clients, build your personal brand, and grow your network, you’ll start setting yourself apart from the competition.
- “Real estate investing, even on a very small scale, remains a tried and true means of building an individual’s cash flow and wealth.” – Robert Kiyosaki
This is another great one to share with potential clients. Even though there are hundreds of different types of investments someone can make, it’s been proven time and time again that real estate is one of the best. Kiyosaki doesn’t just talk the talk, he’s proven this statement: A good portion of his $80 million net worth was made through smart real estate investments.
- “There have been few things in my life which have had a more genial effect on my mind than the possession of a piece of land.” – Harriet Martineau
Owning your own property is a beautiful thing, isn’t it? As a real estate pro, you’re familiar with the feeling of excitement and elation that homebuyers get when they finally close on their dream property. Once a client finally has something they get to call their own, whether it’s an apartment, home, or vacant lot, they’ll likely experience what Martineau has described here.
- “Don’t wait to buy land. Buy land and wait.” – Will Rogers
Markets will fluctuate with every new season and year, but in the long run, real estate is almost always a smart investment. If you have the funds available to invest in property, then follow Will’s advice: Buy land and wait. This is a great quote to share if you’re working in a buyer’s market, too!
- “All things being equal, people will do business with, and refer business to, people they know, like, and trust.” – Bob Burg
At the end of the day, it’s not always your “tough negotiating skills” or “expert local knowledge” that will be the deciding factor when someone chooses you to help them buy or sell their home. More often than not, people will choose to work with a trustworthy, empathetic, and likable person over someone with expert technical abilities and no people skills. Real estate pros work in the people business as much as the home-selling business, and those who make true connections with people tend to be the most successful.
- “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.” – Zig Ziglar
What would a list of quotes be without a contribution from Zig Ziglar? The number one complaint against real estate professionals is lack of communication, so don’t ever think twice about checking up on your client. When someone is buying or selling the biggest investment of their life, they want support, enthusiasm, and communication from the person guiding them through the process.
- “You don’t close a sale, you open a relationship if you want to build a long-term, successful enterprise.” Patricia Fripp
What are you doing to nurture your leads after the sale? If you don’t have a clear plan of attack to keep in touch with your clients, you could be losing valuable return business and referrals. Focus on building a relationship with your client rather than simply “closing the deal.” Try sending a handwritten note on the anniversary of their closing date, or keeping in touch with them on social media. Little things like this show that you think of clients as real people, instead of simply business deals.